I am so glad to have you here!
Let me begin by introducing myself. I was born in April 2003 in Geneva, Switzerland. My mother is American and my father is Swiss.
In 2010, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to move to Shanghai, China, where I lived until 2017. It is also here that I met Mr. Cressey, my math and computer science teacher in sixth grade, who led me to fall in love with technology.
I have always had a passion for understanding and building things, but this is where my journey with computers began...
It has been a while since 2014, and we have all probably come a long way in the last few years. I personally have had countless opportunities to break things, experiment, learn and create.
I have not, however, diminished in my curiosity. Some of my projects are scattered around the place or seem somewhat janky, but this is merely a symptom of exploration and I look forward to continuing this relentlessly, wherever it may lead.
There is an infinite number of people who have helped me to arrive where I am today. I have tried my best to compile a non-comprehensive list here.
If you are interested in talking to me, you can do so using this form.
Kairos Society - Talent
November 2020 - Present
- Selected by Kairos Society Europe to join a group of world leaders in solving the world's biggest problems.
- Youngest member by five years.
Acuit Solutions - Owner and Developer
March 2020 - March 2021
- Designing and building websites and machine learning tools for small businesses with another student.
- Designed and deployed a bootstrap website to serve as a homepage (acuit.ch).
Medium.com - Writer
September 2019 - November 2020
- Writing articles about various technology-related topics and explanations of my open-source code.
- Featured in ‘QuickCode’ ‘What every developer or programmer should be reading this month’ list.
- Published in largest publication on the site (‘The Startup’, 630k+ followers).
- Over 3,500 monthly readers.
All3DP.com - Technical Writer
December 2019 - November 2020
- Writing articles about 3D printing and manufacturing related topics for the world’s #1 3D printing magazine.
Google, Qualcomm, Intuitive, Apple - Work Experience
June 2019 - June 2019
- Shadowed engineers in Silicon Valley technology companies.
Shinnecock Yacht Club - Junior Sailing Instructor
Summers 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Managed and increased the organization of daily courses of various levels for children from 4-12 years.
- Maintained and repaired equipment around the club.
Handivoile, Swiss Disabled Sailing - Volunteer
March 2018 - August 2019
- Took persons with various mental and physical disabilities sailing on lake Geneva.
- Helped organize and facilitate open days.
University of Geneva/MIT
September 2019 - June 2021
- Selected for University of Geneva ATHENA program and MIT/SWISSMAP Primes.
- Statistical modeling (Msc. Mathematics, MIT PRIMES 2021). Final presentation given on Google PageRank.
- Optimization (Msc. Mathematics, MIT PRIMES 2020). Final presentation given on efficient optimization of non-continuous convex functions in n-dimensions).
- Electrodynamics I (Bsc. Physics, University of Geneva 2020).
- Optical detection of atmospheric pollution (Bsc. Physics, University of Geneva 2019)
August 2017 - June 2021
- Suisse Maturité Diploma (Bilingual French-English).
- Travail de Maturité: Development of a virtual assistant
and its applications in society (Machine learning in speech recognition, NLP and speech synthesis using Keras and Tensorflow) - 6/6.
- Classes: Advanced Math, OS Physics and Math Applications, OC Chemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, English, German, History, Geography, Philosophy, Art and Art History, Introduction to economy and law.
Major League Hacking WinHacks2021 - 2nd Place
- Developed an application to track equipment across various facilities and facilitate collaborative research through data sharing.
- Won second prize in the category "data analytics for health science."
- You can find the code for my project here.
- You can find the demo video here.
Swiss Futurpreneur - Winner
- Developed an idea to use machine learning and image processing to allow persons with amputated limbs to better interact with technology (e.g. using a virtual gesture keyboard to type).
- Won a national competition hosted by Goodwall and Genilem.
- You can find my elevator pitch here.
Moonshot Pirates #beapirate Challenge - Finalist
June 2020 - July 2020
- Worked in a team of three to develop an autonomous system for underwater waste collection.
- Personally developed the garbage detection model using weakly supervised learning (GradCAM) and contributed to the classification algorithm.
- Wrote a pitch and worked on a one minute demo video to demonstrate our idea to judges and external voters.
- You can find more information here.
- A simple module built using only the python3 standard library to display 3D graphics with interactive options.
- By far my most popular project, several people have reached out to me to either ask questions or suggest improvements
- A generalized python API for interacting with chat applications (Whatsapp, Instagram, etc.)
- Developed a digital assistant from scratch using tensorflow and keras.
- 40 page long accompanying write-up.
A.S.W.A.P - Aquation
- Used weakly supervised learning to develop an underwater waste detection model.
You can find more projects on my github page ...
All About 3D Printed Circuit boards
- Discussing the latest in PCB printing technology.
3D Graphics Using the Python Standard Library
- Article explaining in more abstract terms and accompanying my code for PyEngine3D.
You can find more articles on my Medium and All3DP pages ...
Other Places You Can Find Me
Swiss Futurpreneur Winner Interview
- Here is an interview I did with Christian Eilers from Goodwall after winning their Swiss Futurpreneur competition.